CHW Auditing Solutions Ltd
Howdenwhite is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Howdenwhite, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information. Howdenwhite is also the data controller for CHW Auditing Solutions Ltd.
We are registered with the ICO and our registration number is Z5561902.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us such as if you enquire about our services online
through our website, via email, the post, over the telephone or through the contracts between us.
We collect information supplied by you, or HMRC, during the course of our business relationship.
Where we are delivering payroll services to businesses we collect your personal information from your employer
to allow us to carry out this service.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold includes:
- Personal information - name, address, date of birth, contact telephone numbers, email addresses,
national insurance number, tax reference number.
- Business contact information - business name, business address, business telephone numbers, business email addresses.
- Financial information - bank details, VAT number, financial, tax and accounting information, PAYE.
- Transaction history – records of our financial transactions and interactions, including call recordings and meetings etc.
How we use your information
We will lawfully process personal information in the following ways:
- To fulfil the contracts between us including providing you with information you have requested, delivering the contracted services, raising invoices and making payments.
- To comply with tax and audit legislation, and accountancy law.
- Where we have an existing relationship, we will use your information for the legitimate interest of sending you our monthly Newsletter or invite you to events. We do this as it is necessary we promote our business to clients, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
- We record all telephone conversations for legitimate interest. We do this as it is necessary we monitor our staff compliance with Tax and Audit legislation and regulation and that we are able defend ourselves against any legal claims.
We will not sell or swap your information with any agency or other organisation. We will however share your information with:
- HMRC to comply with legislation governing contract law.
- Companies House.
- Mortgage Lenders.
- Our bank for our online banking.
- Our software suppliers whose products we use to deliver our services.
- Our IT and telecommunications service providers.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Howdenwhite or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we are no longer acting for you we will delete your information 6 years after the end of our engagement or if we have carried out an audit we will retain your information for 10 years after the end of our engagement.
Call recordings are deleted after 1 year.
How you can access your information
You have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information,